Sunday 5 June 2011

writing

One of my colleagues gave me a little black journal before I left for my Umrah and Turkey trip. She said I must document all my experiences while on my travel and asked if she could read it when I got back.
Me being the open-hearted and obliging individual that I am, I said thank you and of course she could read it.
On Thursday past, it was Ascension Day, and most of the kids stayed home. So we had very little to do at work and I gave her the journal to read.

She finished it before the end of the school day, and told me after that I should keep a journal because I have very good writing skills. That has got to be the nicest compliment I've received in a long time because I have been trying to write for the past 8 months or so, and have been finding it extremely difficult.
But hearing that from her (she is a remedial teacher, so her opinion on my English skills is quite important) has given me some much needed inspiration.

So, thanks you Aysha Fridie :))

Hectic weeks coming up...we start exams this week so I have exams papers to photocopy for the entire school. I am really looking forward to the holidays...I feel like doing something really fun.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got a boost! I still have to read that, totally forgot about it!

    ReplyDelete