Friday 17 June 2011

home

For the next two months, my mom, sister and I will be house-sitting our old house (we moved 6 months ago into the house my dad lives in-his now deceased first wife used to live there). My sister and her family now live here and as I've blogged about previously, they have gone to Tunisia for two months to visit my brother-in-law's family.

We came on Wednesday (it's Friday today) and that evening I was so tired, I just fell asleep really early.
Last night and this morning, I am confronted by this really unexpected and weird feeling...this house doesn't feel like it's mine anymore. Hopefully, this is a good thing for me, because it's been a bit of a struggle settling into the new house.
Which prompts the question: how do you define what your home is?

1 comment:

  1. Been asking myself that question lately!

    ReplyDelete