Sunday 12 June 2011

maybe i'm just being too sensitive

I just came home.

Today started off a little down, but the big family lunch was great, and talking crap with my siblings always has a way of lifting my mood whenever it's in the doldrums.

After lunch was my cousin's wedding.
I was a bit iffed about a few things concerning this wedding...
1. We were notified about the fact that my cousin was getting married last week...like a week before it was supposed to happen. Like, why the hell was it treated like a state secret? Marriage is something to be celebrated, and you want as much well wishes and prayers for the success of you marriage, especially from your family members.
2. Because of the secret nature of this wedding, we weren't really involved in the preparation and so forth, and where I come from, with family, you help out as much as you can. In the case of my extended family on my dad's side, it's you help out when you're invited to.
3. Since my mom is wife number 2, my father's family have never made her feel welcome, so I hate it when she has to sit through these functions and be made to feel like an unwanted outsider.

You know, I'm really fond of this particular cousin of mine. Of all of my male relatives, he is the one that is accepting of us, he is affectionate towards my mom, he is super protective of my baby sis and myself, even more so than some of my brothers.
I just expected to hear of his good news from him.

1 comment:

  1. I might never understand the dynamic of Indian families, even though I'm one of them!

    ReplyDelete