Saturday 11 June 2011

sometimes i put my foot in it

I am finally at home with a quiet moment to myself to post.

Yesterday, I had one of those days where my mouth operated without consulting my brain first.
I said something (in jest) to a colleague of mine and it turns out that my joke made that person feel really shit.
But for the first time, someone was adult enough to tell me that I had messed up. I felt terrible that I had caused this person hurt in some way, and I apologized profusely for my lack of sensitivity. But I was very thankful that this person felt okay enough to come up to me and say to me, "Mariam, what you said made me feel shit."
And what's more, that person gave me the opportunity to apologize and also accepted my apology.

Yeah, another classic Mariam moment.

Random useless fact: I dyed my mom's hair this morning and there was a little bit left in the bowl after I was done with her, so I put it on my hair (since mine is so short now). My hair now has a very Edward Cullen like tint to it...

This week has been one of those weeks where there has been a recurring theme in totally unrelated events. That theme this week was 'adults acting like children'. If was not at home, it was at school, or in a shopping mall, or on the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment