Sunday 12 April 2015

D is for Dreams

I cannot wait to go to bed at night. Not only for the “dear repose for limbs with travel tired” but for the “journey in my head, to work my mind when body’s work’s expired”.

The title of this post does not refer to aspirations or goals, but refers to the journeys my thoughts take when I close my eyes at the end of every day. I’m not sure whether everyone experiences dreams the same way, but mine are very sensory and real, as though I were transported into another reality. I feel every touch, I smell every smell, and I feel…every single emotion, amplified times ten. Some things I have yet to experience in life, I have had a taste of through my dreams.

Dreams have been the inspiration for most of my attempts at fiction. And I suppose if I want to become better at my craft, I need to progress to drawing my inspiration from real life and actual experiences.

But this is a process, and not one that should be rushed. And while I amble through it, I happily welcome Nature’s soft nurse, to weigh my eyelids down and steep my senses in dreamy bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment