Monday 11 July 2011

sometimes its okay to be selfish

Wow. It’s been more than a week since I’ve posted (a damn long time for me to be silent).
But, I’ve had somewhat of a challenging week.
Weeks like the one I’ve just experienced makes me really miss the days where my biggest worry was whether my mom was going to make me a Swiss roll for my birthday.

I’m supposed to be on holiday, but I’ve been helping my dad out at work a lot. That is usually not a problem, but when you have to navigate crappy moods as well, it tends to tire one out a bit.
So, work during the day, and I’ve been drowning my own sorrows in chocolate, Hawaii 5-0 and movies (let me just come in here and say that I am seriously lusting after Steve McGarret, Danny Williams and Chin-ho Kelly).

Today was a bit better. I took a walk down to the CBD and browsed some shops, got a coffee and some delicious cinnamon doughnuts, and sat down outside for an hour or so with a magazine. No disturbances, no need to make small talk with anyone, just some quiet time with myself. I also think that the physical activity released some much needed endorphins and hopefully I’ll sleep a bit better tonight.


So, I've just logged on and checked on the updates of the 2 blogs that I follow.
One specific blogger and her specific blog entry has made me a little...well, upset actually.


I started my blog mainly through the inspiration of this particular person. And as I've said previously, my blog is not dedicated to anything specific. In fact, those of you who have read it will see that I kind of use it to vent about things and celebrate other things. But it has become a tool that I use to get things off my chest. A tool I gladly use for that purpose.


My blog may not inspire anyone, and it may help no one (although it is my fervent hope that through some of the things I say, others will be inspired or helped in some way).
But, it helps me.


And so, to this person, she knows who she is, I say: don't always do things with others in mind. It is good to do for others, and I will always encourage you to help where you can...
But let there be some things, that you do purely for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment