Wednesday 20 July 2011

flattery will get you nowhere with me

So I think whoever reads the title of this post will go, "Hmm...is she talking about guys again?".
If you have indeed thought or said that out loud, I applaud you for getting to know me so well in such a short time, but I also laugh as it is not really guys that inspired today's ravings.

My school has about 34 or so members of teaching staff. One of them is a lady of 56 who has been teaching for about 37 years. She has somewhat of a strange demeanor, but I won't go into that because I didn't start this blog to badmouth people.
One thing about her that annoys me about her though is that she over flatters people. I don't know if you know what I mean so I will explain....whenever I do something for her (that falls part of my job description) she will say things like, "You're a star!" or something like that, that makes me feel like she treats me as if I'm one of her Grade 4 learners.

I will accept appreciation and gratitude for any good thing that I do...whether it be my job or something else.
A simple 'thank you' goes a very long way with me. But flattery is something that makes me really uncomfortable. I never know how to respond to it and when flattery is given with the intention of getting something out of me, I get mad as hell.

Flattery, for me, is the tactic of a dishonest person...and for precisely this reason, I hate it when guys use it too..

No comments:

Post a Comment