Saturday 2 May 2015

U is for Useless Colleagues

Work has been kind of miserable the last six months or so because I have been cursed with useless colleagues. One would expect the children and their parents to be the ones who are difficult – and some of them are, but my biggest challenge at work are the people I work with.

They are divided into three:
First, you get the ones who are just downright lazy, will do nothing for themselves, refuse to learn or acquire new skills and expect others to clean up their mess; the ones who think they know everything there is to know, and who are threatened by your ability to work; lastly, the ones who are so vindictive, that they make every effort to derail your projects or attempts to affect positive change.

I do not need to be defined by a career or money – I do not chase titles or positions, nor do I covet millions. Work should be legal, enable me to pay the bills and allow me enough time to devote to things that do define me – family and other interests.
When it comes to my career and workplace, I ask only for the following: that you do your work, allow me to do mine, take responsibility for your successes and failures, and remain professional at all times.

You don’t need to like me – I have friends – but respect, boundaries and WORK ETHIC is imperative.
Sadly, I seem to have ended up in a place where these are appallingly lacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment