Thursday 16 May 2013

the end of something wonderful

I sit at my computer with a heavy heart this morning.
This evening will be the last lecture of my Journalist course before our exams next week.

The last four and a half months have been...I actually have no words to appropriately describe it.

Even after a long day at work, I looked forward to every class.
And it saddens me greatly that it is coming to an end.


I have met some amazing people.They have each left a lasting impression on me and collectively they have been responsible for a large part of my personal growth, as a professional, as a human being. But some of them have left a bigger impression, and it is to those that I dedicate my post today...

To Jean...'thanks' would be grossly insufficient to express the gratitude I feel for what you have unlocked in me the last four months. I thought I had a skill...you made me realise that it really is there and have shown me how to use it. May God give you the health and strength to continue to do for others what you have done for me...

To Alan...I've never been on a roller coaster, but I imagine it feels a lot like being lectured by you :)) and whether or not your complimentary remarks to me were honest or not (although I feel that they were) they have boosted by confidence and validated my abilities. Thank you.

To Gino...it took a while but you opened up. I missed you the times you were not in class because you bring a unique dimension to our classroom dynamic. Your mind is as fertile as the banks of the Nile, and your take on things are...uniquely yours :) Continue to pick up skills and improve...you have a great deal to offer the world through the written word. And I am flattered that you trust me to read what you've written :)

Finally, to Leonore and Caron
I am a firm believer that the Almighty sends certain people to you at certain times for specific reasons. I have begun to feel...undervalued and unappreciated in certain areas of my life. And the two of you have made me feel...special. You've made me see that I have things to offer the world that only I can. You've given me a hearing when I couldn't speak about things to anyone else....
And once again, 'thank you' hardly seems enough. I hope we will continue to be in each other's lives and that I may, in some way, be there for you as you have been for me.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing to see the effect this class has had, not only on you but those around you as well. It's inspired me and finally, finally I have begun to put words together again.

    ReplyDelete