Tuesday 14 May 2013

Good and Bad deeds for the week

A dear friend was telling me that she had started writing again.
Of course, in my head and heart, I was doing Olympic level gymnastics at hearing this news. I have come to find that writing is very cathartic and sometimes putting a thought onto paper helps one greatly to deal with it.

She was telling me that she was trying to write everyday...and if nothing terribly exciting happened on a given day, she would simply pen her good deed and pen apologies for any bad deeds. It got me thinking...what a brilliant idea for any person to do! It will definitely make one conscious of one's behaviour towards others.

So...thus far my good deed for the week - helping a friend with some homework.
Bad deed - swearing at my children because they pushed me to my limit.

Must attempt to hold my tongue today, and try alternative methods of discipline.

1 comment: