Wednesday 27 March 2013

Term 1 - Post Mortem

Tomorrow is the end of the first school term and to say that it has been extremely busy would be an understatement.
I am sitting here and wondering how I managed my life for the last 3 months...

I've been thinking a lot about my childhood and teenage years.
I really miss being a kid. Your biggest concern when you're a child is passing your exams and staying out of trouble.

And since I left school, life has just become increasingly complicated. Every year for the past 13 years, something has gone wrong or skew in my life, be it to a large or lesser degree. And there comes a moment after a trial, when you breathe a sigh of relief and you think to yourself, "the worst is over, nothing can be worse than this".
And something bad hits you soon after.

Where work is concerned, I feel like I'm coming to the end of a 3 month sprint. My working year started off with some major adjustments, and me being me, I am constantly in fear of making catastrophic mistakes. One of my superiors made me feel very appreciated though, as he thanked me for taking on my new responsibilities and executing them 'with aplomb'. However, no matter how well I do my work, I am always going to need little validations like that.

Personally, I feel like I've been through a bit of a car wreck. And no, it has nothing to do with this gentleman that I like... For the first time in a long time, it is as a result of conflict between my siblings.
My family has been my pillar of strength and solace throughout my entire life.
But things have happened and were said (things that cannot un-happen or be unsaid). They were difficult things and in some cases hurtful things. And while they were necessary, and have resulted in some much needed changes, I am fearful that we might not be able to recover from it.

My body, mind and soul is in serious need of soothing...I don't know whether 10 days will be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment