Thursday 14 March 2013

one of the most difficult things to take

One thing I do not know how to do, is take a compliment on my looks. It probably stems from being a tomboy my whole life that boys saw me as one of them, rather than someone they could possibly admire. And no, I am not fishing for compliments. I am comfortable enough with myself now, and can confidently say that although I will always try to improve myself, I have embraced my 'pros and cons'.

But it is always a surprise to me when someone finds me attractive and comments on it.
This morning on my walk to the bus terminus, a gentleman was talking to a cab driver through his window. He noticed me when I was probably about 5 meters away from him (or thereabouts) and as I was about to pass him, he said 'good morning'. I greeted back and moved past him, only to hear him say to the driver, "Gorgeous, hey?"

Me being me, I burst out laughing.

2 comments:

  1. Well you should know that you have one of the best smiles I have ever seen. :)

    ReplyDelete