Monday 27 August 2012

Thanks for the inspiration

People come into your life for a reason. Good ones, bad ones, they serve a purpose, and sometimes it's not clear to us what their purpose is.

There is a particular person in my life for whom I am profoundly grateful.

Our personalities are very different, and I'm pretty sure that when people see us together, it must confuse them as to how exactly we came to be friends. And when I myself think about it, it is odd - a random piece of fiction was the birth of our friendship and I am happy to say that although we have such different personalities, our friendship has matured and blossomed way past that bit of fiction.

I am grateful for her for many things, but the latest thing she is responsible for is the improvement of my health. I've been lucky this Ramadaan past, as it is the first year I have lost a significant amount of weight. To date, it is about 9kg (for you americans, thats almost 20 pounds).
How did I manage this?
By simply following a diet that she is forced to follow for health reasons (this friend of mine is deathly allergic to ALOT of things).

So, Anu, thanks a lot.
You were my inspiration for this and it has yielded results wayyyy beyond my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment