Monday 10 September 2012

Why I would like to get married

If you read this blog at all, or know me personally, you will know that I am a Muslim.
And while I have not always followed my religion as I should, I try now to follow it as properly as I can. And this extends to men and dating.

For those of you who do not know, courtship of any kind is prohibited in Islam.
While I have erred in many other aspects of my life, this is one area which I am proud to say I have been quite strict in. So, at almost 30, I have never (not once) been on a date.

Now, I am a strong believer that every person's life has been pre-ordained by God. And I am also a firm believer in the fact that He grants and withholds for your own good and benefit. So I can say with confidence that thus far in my life, with all my shortcomings, failings and tribulations, I do not have regrets.
And although it is something that I would really love, I have made peace with the fact that marriage may not be in God's plan for me.

All that being said, I would LOVE to get married for 2 reasons:
1. To be a mom.
2. So that I may be able to experience what it feels like to go on a date...Dress up for someone, have him compliment me (not with words, just by his expression when he sees me), hold hands, laugh at his jokes...the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment