Friday 5 August 2011

Ramadaan and the flu

As the title of this post reads, that is where I find myself at this moment...
Fifth day of Ramadaan, and I am sick as a dog...to the extent where I have absolutely no voice and therefore have to rely on my 'other voice' to say what I think and feel.

Yesterday and today are the first actual winter days we've had in like a month. And we're supposed to be in our last month of winter. The change of weather has, I think, impacted greatly on me being sick right now. The weather and a few other things as well.
Having said all of the above, despite my flu, I've actually been finding it quite easy to fast. I don't feel hungry at all, I have no headaches...the only thing that has been disappointing is that I've been too drained at night to go to mosque for Taraaweeh (for any non-Muslim following this blog, Taraaweeh is a specific prayer that we pray only during the month of Ramadaan...yes, this is in addition to our normal daily 5...where in the prayer throughout the month, we attempt to finish the recitation of the entire Qur'an).

Usually, this month tends to fly by for me...but I'm happy to say that the last 5 days have progressed at a very nice relaxed pace for me...I feel like I have all the time in the world to do the things that I need to do...(makes one think of how much time we spend eating).

No comments:

Post a Comment