Friday 31 January 2014

Re-discovering my adolescence

My natural personality is very exuberant...okay, let's be honest. I'm loud. I like to laugh. I like to have fun (within reason of course). I am very light-hearted and don't take things too seriously. I tend to say things as I think them (without editing before I utter) and I don't sugar-coat.
When I was younger, I was often labeled as being tactless and my natural tendencies often landed me in some sort of trouble.

For the longest time now, I've been trying very hard to be grown up and responsible. And while I am relieved to have abandoned some of my juvenile qualities, I think I squashed my personality in the process and became this really boring, heavy person. It's amazing how whatever is inside you translates outwardly and my somber head space has shown in my behaviour, the way that I dress, hobbies' etc.

For the last few months, however, I've been rediscovering my adolescent self. Before you freak out, no, not the obnoxious one whom everyone was scared of... Instead, I have merged the lightness of my younger self with the wisdom and experience (hopefully) of my present self.
Someone commented the other day on how happy they are to see me wearing lighter clothing, wearing make-up, wearing a smile!
And I have to say, despite all of the adversity I've had to face the last twelve months, I am being steered towards a happier head space.

No comments:

Post a Comment