Thursday 29 November 2012

The Dark Knight Rises

 

So....I've been indulging myself. I spent last Saturday and Sunday evening catching up on movies that I've missed, and also some of my very old favourites.
A real surprise was the new Batman movie.
Now, I love my action movies (especially the ones based on the classic comic books). But when Christian Bale got the part of Batman, I was a little skeptical. And I think I'm only of the only people in the world who did not watch The Dark Knight (I loved Heath Ledger, but he freaked me out and I just never watched it).

But.

The Dark Knight Rises was....simply awesome.
For a few reasons.

1. The support cast was amazing. Bane was freaky, Fox was his usual cool self :)), Alfred was his usual dry self :))). Really really excellent supporting cast.



2. Catwoman. Now, Michelle Pheiffer is a legend. No one can emulate her as Catwoman.
But I have to say, Anne Hathaway did an AMAZING job in transforming into Catwoman. And I love that she didn't try and be like Michelle Pheiffer. She totally made the character new and fresh and KICK-ASS.
And while the chemistry between Christian and Marion was sizzling, I actually liked the banter between Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle...and the fact that she can kick his ass :)
Seline Kyle - Catwoman

3. The man himself. Like I said, I wasn't really a huge fan of his (and not because of his acting ability because I happen to think he's an amazing actor-I just think he has too much emotional shit in real life and takes his work waayyyy too seriously). But this movie converted me. Damn, but he is fine.













4. And last but definitely NOT least....

HUBBA HUBBBAAAA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment