Saturday 7 December 2013

Example

It is not difficult to be Muslim.
But when you live in a country where Muslims are a minority of the population, the temptations and influences does make it more challenging for a person to be the best Muslim they can be.
I did not always wear my scarf, I did not always pray as I should have, I did not always dress properly. But I reached a point in my life where I realised that I was neglecting important things and that I needed to change.

A few days ago, a parent came to school and while I was helping her she said to me, "My son wrote about you...an essay for Madrasah entitled, 'Hijab with a modern twist' and you were one of the subjects". Madrasah, by the way, is like Sunday school for Muslim children (except that it happens 5 days a week).
I was blown away. We are taught, as Muslims, that the best way to propagate Islam is through the correct practice and application of it. YOU must be the living example of its teachings. And in a world where there is so much temptation for the youth to go completely astray, I'm happy to be an example to one child at least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment