Wednesday 31 October 2012

Having a difficult week

Yesterday I lost my temper with a student.
I scolded her so badly (and so profanely) that she was in tears after class.
And although I apologised to her afterward for losing it, and explained to her why I scolded her (this is one of my more troublesome learners), I still felt like crap.

When I started teaching, I made a promise to myself that I would try my best to approach my job with the student's perspective in mind. Try to make my lessons fun, and all but kill myself to make the child understand. Instil discipline, but be compassionate and understanding towards them.

It's not easy. And the fact that parents are so absent in their kids's lives makes it even more difficult.

It's been a difficult week.
I hope today will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment